Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Time Machine


 * a letter I wrote into SLAM trying to get in Trash Talk, obv too long for that
What’s up SLAM? I’ve just awoken from my time machine-induced four-year hypersleep. I have always been an avid NBA follower and as I am rehabilitated, I’m looking into the NBA of today. SLAM, I was a subscriber and fan before I went to the future (today) and I would like to know what’s going on in the NBA? The last ish I got was the Greg Oden “Next Big Thing” cover with a great Shawn Marion article. First of all, how about those Miami Heat? Congrats to them, Wade and Shaq have many championships ahead of them. Future Heat dynasty! This new dress-code thing is never going to work, the players will rebel! I heard rumors that they’re changing the game ball, and it will bring the NBA to a whole new level. I think those Spurs are done now for sure, they had their chance and they will be out in the first round next year, while the Mavs (or Suns) will be back in the finals with the Heat once again as 2007 champs. Sure, Kobe can drop 81, but he’ll never get another chip. SLAM, please tell me Kobe never got another chip? And LeBron, that’s a guy that will be able to take on a whole team by himself some day as long as he follows in Wade’s footsteps and can lead his team deep into the playoffs. What ever happened to Tracy McGrady? I heard he was going to make a comeback. I’m excited to see how much the NBA could have possibly changed in four short years. Anyways, hope to see this in the next ish, as I will be allowed out of air-lock soon. Here’s to the new NBA world of 2010-2011, I can’t wait. Devin Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment